I'm new to working out and I'd like to build muscle and get in shape as fast as possible.This is one of the most common questions that floods my e-mail inbox on a daily basis. For people who are just getting started with a bodybuilding workout program the whole process can be a mind boggling experience. There is so much conflicting advice out there about weight training and exercise that you really don't know who or what to believe anymore.
Don't get hung up on having the perfect training routine, with the precise number of sets and reps, or following the perfect eating plan, etc. Just get started and do it. You can figure out the details and find ways to improve as you go.
I am going to outline a good beginners bodybuilding weight training program that you can follow.
WORKOUT 1: (upper body)
• Bench Press 3 sets of 10 reps (for the chest)
• Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 10 reps (for the back)
• Seated Shoulder Press 3 sets of 10 reps (for the shoulders)
• Bicep Barbell Curls 3 sets of 10 reps (for the biceps)
• Triceps Push Downs 3 sets of 10 reps (for the triceps)
WORKOUT 2: (lower body)
• Leg Press 3 sets of 10 reps (for the quadriceps)
• Leg Curls 3 sets of 10 reps (for the hamstrings)
• Leg Extensions 3 sets of 10 reps (for the quadriceps)
• Standing Calve Raises 3 sets of 15 reps (for the calves)
• Abdominal Crunches 3 sets of 25-50 reps (for the abdominals)
With this routine you workout every-other-day and alternate the two workout routines. So for example: Perform Workout 1, Take a day of rest, Perform Workout 2, Take a day of rest, and then repeat the cycle
Get Motivated! Train Hard! Get Big!.....Good luck beginners...